Accéder au contenu principal

Quotes from Pride and Prejudice

 Hey guys! 

Today I decided to write an article, a little different from the usual. 

Last Saturday I published a review on Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (click here if you still haven't read it), and it prompted me to share something else on the novel. Reading it, I was really amazed by the language (my book was really full of annotations! :) so I resolved to write in this article the quotes that most inspired me.

Here we go!!


"Laugh as much as you chuse, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion." -p. 61

"It is particularly incumbent on those who never change their opinion; to be secure of judging properly at first." -p. 66

"Though her manner varied. however, her determination never did." -p. 76

"My dear, do not give way to such gloomy thoughts. Let us hope for better things." -p. 87

"[...] what delight! what felicity! You give me fresh life and vigour. Adieu to disappointment and spleen. What are men to rocks and mountains?" -p. 99

"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me." -p.109

"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." -p. 117

"Till this moment, I never knew myself." -p. 128

"Angry people are not always wise." -p. 160

"If such goodness does not make her miserable now, she will never deserve to be happy!" -p. 178

"Do not let us quarrel about the past. In the future, I hope we shall be always of one mind." -p. 192

"Not that I am afraid of myself, but I dread other people's remarks." -p. 193

"I was necessary to laugh, when she would have cried." -p. 212

"It taught me to hope, as I scarcely ever allowed myself to hope before." p. 213

"What do I not owe you! You taught me a lesson, hard indeed at first, but most advantageous." -p. 214

"I am happier than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh" -p. 222


This is all. 

I know it's a lot of quotes, but believe me, if I could I would certainly add some more. If you haven't read Pride and Prejudice, I hope this motivates you to do it :))

If you did read it and have others quotes you like, please don't hesitate to share them in the comments!!

That said, I hope you all have a great week-end and enjoy the last few days of summer!

P.S: If you like this kind of article, please tell me and I will do more of them :)

Commentaires

Critiques les plus populaires

Bonjour tristesse, de Françoise Sagan

  "La liberté de penser, et de mal penser et de penser un peu, la liberté de choisir moi-même ma vie, de me choisir moi-même. " Auteur: Françoise Sagan Édition: Pocket Année de sortie: 1954 Nombre de pages: 188 Résumé: La villa est magnifique, l'été brûlant, la Méditerranée toute proche. Cécile a dix-sept ans. Elle ne connaît de l'amour que des baisers, des rendez-vous, des lassitudes. Pas pour longtemps. Son père, veuf, est un adepte joyeux des liaisons passagères et sans importance. Ils s'amusent, ils n'ont besoin de personne, ils sont heureux. La visite d'une femme de cœur, intelligente et calme, vient troubler ce délicieux désordre. Comment écarter la menace ? Dans la pinède embrasée, un jeu cruel se prépare. C'était l'été 1954. On entendait pour la première fois la voix sèche et rapide d'un "charmant petit monstre" qui allait faire scandale. La deuxième moitié du XXe siècle commençait. Elle serait à l'image de cette adol

Une saison à l'ONU de Karim Lebhour et Aude Massot

  "Tu vas être au cœur de la diplomatie mondiale. " Auteur: Karim Lebhour Illustratrice: Aude Massot Édition: Steinkis Année de sortie: 2018 Nombre de pages : 207 Résumé: 2010. Karim Lebhour, correspondant de presse pour Radio France Internationale, vient de s'installer à New York, au siège des Nations Unies (ou ONU) pour y rester 4 ans. Après cinq ans au Proche-Orient, il découvre une nouvelle et toute autre dynamique de vie à New York. Karim nous emmène avec lui pour découvrir le fonctionnement (et les secrets!) de cette machine diplomatique. Entre le ministre des affaires indien, qui, au conseil de sécurité, prononce le discours de son homologue portugais sans s'en rendre compte et la géante statue d'éléphant offerte par le Kenya, Namibie et le Népal, cachée dans les jardins de la collection d'art de l'ONU, il nous fait part de pleins de petites anecdotes rendant la lecture plus ludique et drôle. Mon avis: La documentaliste du CDI de mon lycée es